WE UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT YOUR PRIVACY IS. IN THIS POLICY WE DESCRIBE WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, HOW WE COLLECT IT AND WHAT WE DO WITH THAT INFORMATION.
THIS POLICY COVERS BOTH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS.
References below to “you” or “your” may apply to either a parent, child or both, depending on the circumstances.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- We collect information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us including: a user ID (your email address as the registering parent) and password that you create and your country of residence. We may also collect a security question and answer.
- When you add a child to your account at the point of sign up or through the Parent Area (where you manage your account) or iOS App we collect that child’s full name and date of birth.
- When you create an avatar (Farmer) for a child in the Parent Area or iOS App, we collect an avatar name (User ID) and their gender.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters including your email address AND any other information that you choose to send to us.
- When you review items on behalf of your child from the Rooster Shop we collect and store your review history by item.
- We collect information relating to any customer service enquiry you may have when you call or email us.
- If your child establishes an Unverified Membership Account for the purposes of inviting you to activate your Membership Account, we will collect an avatar name and password from them. We will also collect your email address for the purpose of making the invitation. If you choose not to activate your account within a reasonable time frame we will delete your email address.
- We collect information that you submit to us when you contact us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
- We use third party Analytics to analyse the use of this website. These analytic providers generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
- Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- We will never use personal data for marketing purposes without your express consent. We may from time to time use anonymous data collected in aggregate or statistical form for internal business purposes or marketing / press purposes or its publication in the press.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
5. International data transfers
6. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12. Our details
Our website Roosterbank.com is hosted by World Learning Ltd, a UK company with offices at 17 Clifford Street. London, W1S 3RQ.