The keyword here is EARTH. Because whoever came up with the Zelf was probably not on earth at the time…
A melange of Flash Gordon, Footloose and some scary use of neon, Zelf’s come in a variety of colours, each with their own name and a special power which are all admirable – calm, loyalty, friendliness and similar. Zelf’s come from Zardenia, a magical world that only comes out at night. Each Zelf has a Fabitat they live in – such as the Zelk Tree of Witchbrew Bistro.
Zelf’s are a character brand and as such have their own cartoons, merchandising and games on and offline. This is similar to other character brands such as Monzuno or Moshi Monsters.
A few key facts to understand about Zelf’s:
- Your children may wish to change their hair colour.
- Zelf’s come in several series, each with new characters who have their own houses (you can buy those too).
- You should be prepared that new words may enter your families vocabulary. Funkylicious being a particularly popular one. Oh and Zelftastically Fab. LOZ
- Recommended for the over 5′s. There is A LOT to choke on with a Zelf.
- If they really do promote special powers to their owners, you house will be full of harmony.
- Zelf’s are made by Moose, who are based in Australia.
How much does a Zelf cost:
Quite pricey we think. To buy a Zelf who will bring you calm or happiness you will spend £5.99 in the UK at the time of this post going live.
What to watch out for:
Like a lot of character based crazes, or HBO boxed sets for that matter, Zelf’s come in a number of series. At the time of writing, we are on Series Three. These are designed for children to collect, which could make this an expensive habit. On the plus side, these are highly swappable, so if your children have an inner trader, they might enjoy these in the playground.
Should I buy my children Zelf’s?
Let’s be honest, the educational merits of the Zelf are probably limited. Fun yes, a craze yes. How long they will continue to be one we aren’t sure. However we would say that this is the perfect example of an item which while expensive could be bought with saved pocket money and subject to how you give your kids pocket money, this could be a purchase you put in their court to save for.
Have a Zelftastic Day.